HR Representative – Macon, GA
« Back to Careers
Kaolin clay is more than a job at KaMin, it is our passion. Our immense reserves of premium fine and ultrafine kaolin on two continents set us apart from all other producers. KaMin Performance Minerals is recognized as a business leader in export quantities and safe mining practices. The HR Manager position plays a vital role in bringing together the best people in every discipline to create the greatest possible work environment for our team.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Recruit exempt and non-exempt employees to include sourcing by working with agencies and direct ads.
• Ensure implementation of appropriate policies and procedures at the local level through the implementation of core HR processes.
• Ensure that Human Resource compliance systems at the local level support the strategic business goals in the areas of: Employee Relations; Staffing; Rewards and Recognition; Performance Management and Development; and Work Environment.
• Recommend and advise local management regarding Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, etc.
• Recommend hiring, terminations and appropriate discipline.
• Support KaMin’s Strategic Human Resource Plan in the area of Employee Relations by assisting in the implementation of programs, and by coaching and developing employees to reach their full potential.
• Provide Wage and Benefit Administration.
• Answer questions and counsel employees regarding company benefits
• Provide employee orientation for exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Write and evaluate exempt and non-exempt jobs, and facilitate, with HR Director the equitable grading of all exempt positions in area of responsibility.
• Assist HR Director with special projects such as wage surveys, development of company policies and writing of handbook.
• May assist in executing due diligence for strategic acquisitions and assist with the integration of appropriate Human Resource systems and processes.
• Provide a network to effectively and positively communicate company goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. to people in local area of responsibility.
• May assist or take the lead role in safety programs or safety improvement activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience in business administration, human resources management, or similar discipline
• Minimum of 4-8 years exempt level human resources experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Preferred
• Superior verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
• Must possess high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must possess business savvy and change agent skills and good organizational skills.
• Ability to organize and plan work in advance, deciding on the most efficient or convenient manner in which to accomplish assigned tasks or projects, e.g., making plans, assigning personnel and resources appropriately.
• Successfully manage one’s own time to maximum advantage on a day-to-day basis.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, vacation, sick, 401k, and life insurance.
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with HR Representative in the Subject line.
EOE Certified Drug Free Workforce